Luscious Chocolate Mousse inspired by https://www.deliaonline.com' s Complete How to Cook book. I love the simplicity of this recipe as you only need 2 ingredients, chocolate and eggs, and it's a perfect dessert for dairy intolerant persons. I served it with fresh raspberries, a match made in heaven. It's very easy to prepare in advance, a few hours before eating, so perfect for a dinner party for example. I have a similar recipe where I add crushed meringues in the mousse, that's delicious as well (look at my recipe "Chocolate mousse with Meringues & Raspberries").
Recipe for 4 servings:
- Place 200gr broken-up dark chocolate and a splash of water in a saucepan and melt slowly (about 5 minutes).
- Let the chocolate cool for 2-3 minutes and stir in 3 egg yolks.
- In a clean bowl, whisk 4 egg whites until firm.
- Using a metal spoon, gradually fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mousse between 4 ramequins.
- Place in fridge for a few hours.